The APPS’ methodological framework is used for assessing current well-being and future sustainability. The green arrows highlight the common steps to both purposes:
- selection of SDG indicators;
- data collection from international databases;
- computation of indicator values;
- identification of threshold levels to normalize indicators to a common metrics;
- aggregation procedure to provide synthetic indices.
Three further elements specific to the evaluation of future sustainability (red arrows) are:
- development of a macro-economic framework which makes it possible to generate indicator values for the 2016-2030 period;
- construction of different reference scenarios to evaluate the compliance of the performance of SDG Indicators in 2030 with targets;
- design and model implementation of corrective policies for assessing efforts required to close the gaps and benefits in meeting the targets.